What Should Know:
– Samsung announced a new Open Innovation Initiative in partnership with leading universities and academic hospitals – with the ultimate goal of enhancing the digital health ecosystem and delivering new approaches to wellness.
– Collaborating with the MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) Media Lab, Brigham & Women’s Hospital, Tulane University School of Medicine and Samsung Medical Center, the new research program will explore enhancements to the digital health ecosystem and new approaches to wellness.
Open Innovation Program Initiatives
Specific program initiatives include:
· Enhanced Sleep Quality: In collaboration with MIT Media Lab, Samsung will identify new digital profiles for monitoring and improving sleep.
· Quantifying Resilience: Samsung and Brigham & Women’s Hospital will explore biometric data from Galaxy Watch to help clarify both resilience and frailty to build more effective, personalized pictures of individuals’ health.
· Confronting Cardiovascular Disease: To better understand individuals’ daily health, Samsung will work with Tulane University School of Medicine and analyze findings from the Galaxy Watch’s BioActive sensor.
· Multi-Domain Approaches: In close collaboration with the Samsung Medical Center, Samsung is researching multi-domain healthcare to develop an integrated analysis data platform.