What You Should Know:
- NextGen Healthcare, Inc. a leading provider of innovative, cloud-based healthcare technology solutions, today announced that its clients participating in the Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP) leveraged NextGen® Population Health to achieve a cumulative $82 million in total Medicare savings last year.
- The MSSP incentivizes hospitals, associations of physicians, and other healthcare facilities to form accountable care organizations (ACOs) that optimize resources to save costs and better serve Medicare beneficiaries in their communities.
NextGen’s Impact: Transformative Results in MSSP ACOs Across the Nation
In 2022, nine NextGen Healthcare clients across the nation took part in MSSP ACOs, marking the most recent year for available data. Through the implementation of NextGen Population Health, these entities seamlessly incorporated actionable patient insights into electronic health record (EHR) workflows, ultimately enhancing engagement and elevating the quality of care provided to attributed beneficiaries. With an improved capacity to pinpoint and address gaps in care, the MSSP ACOs demonstrated noteworthy advancements in quality performance. The collective outcomes for the 129,000 Medicare beneficiaries served included:
– Total Medicare savings amounting to $82 million
– Shared savings reaching $42 million
– An average shared savings of $27.85 per member per month
– An impressive average quality score of 83.9%
Hutchinson Clinic, a NextGen client catering to South Central Kansas and representing a network comprising over 100 physicians and 600 employees, actively participated in an MSSP ACO during the same period, achieving savings for their Medicare beneficiaries.
“As the healthcare landscape increasingly shifts towards value-based care, NextGen Healthcare is helping ACOs leverage data and actionable insights at the point of care to reach evolving standards of clinical and financial excellence,” said Srinivas (Sri) Velamoor, chief growth & strategy officer for NextGen Healthcare. “We are proud to support our clients’ commitment to providing high-quality and cost-effective care for Medicare patients and manage their transition to risk-based arrangements.”